Create a Theorist’s Learning Environment (Individual Activity)
Here are the steps:
- You will be assigned an educational theorist to research (see table below).
- You will have to create a visual image of a classroom environment that would have been created by that theorist for a subject that you are familiar with (ex. make an image of Paulo Freire’s classroom as if he were to teach engineering).
- Individuals will share links to their images as a blog post below (make sure you don’t say who the theorist is yet!)
- Look at the listing and guess who the theorist is for at least five images other than your own (place your guess in the discussion box below).
- Final discussion and correct theorists images will be shared with each other during the 30.9.15 Adobe Connect session.
(if you forgot which theorist is yours, send an email to Blair)…
Your image should be created and a link placed in the discussion box below on this page by September 15, 2015. You will have individually guessed the theorist for at least five other images and added an additional post in the dialogue box below. You will also need to discuss your image during the September 30, 2015 Adobe Connect session.
How you will be assessed
Assessment for this activity will be made on your individual images on a scale (1 to 5) using the following criteria:
- Task completed on time;
- Completion of at least five blog posts for other images;
- Image reflects an understanding of the theory; and
- Professional reflection: ability to connect academic learning with professional context(s) during the discussion of the image.